Officer Off Limits by Tessa Bailey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Five damn fine Daniel Chase stars! Who is Daniel Chase you ask? Well in my opinion, someone you need to meet, but what I will tell you is that he is a cop/hostage negotiator and a hot one at that.
First we meet Story also referred to, by Daniel, as Sunshine. The book starts off in California where Story lives. She is with her fiance, fucktard (my description of him) Fisher, who is a doctor and he is breaking off their engagement, in a restaurant no less. . I honestly laughed at how Story handled it though. She is a beautiful, smart and funny kindergarten teacher with blonde hair, hence the nickname sunshine.
After her breakup she finds herself on the way to New York where her father, Jack, who is also Daniel's mentor, is in the hospital, having suffered a heart attack. Story and Daniel meet for the first time there in front of a vending machine. I immediately enjoyed these two characters and just knew it would be a sexy read I wouldn't want to put down.
Yes, things take off quickly for these two but when you know, you just know I guess. They both had reservations though. There was so much more to Daniel and what he went through growing up. He was no doubt a ladies man and a player but there was something different about Story. She consumed his thoughts and eventually he had to have her but a few things stood in the way and one of them being her father. He forbade Daniel not to touch her because over the years he was very much aware of Daniels philandering ways.
Could they do it? Could he not touch her? What do you think? lol. The sexual chemistry between these two was right there and there was no denying it.
"I can't do it. I can't stay away from you," he growled......"Good"....."Daniel?"....."Tell me, sunshine."...."Take me home. Make it better."....."Oh baby, I'm going to make it so much better."
It isn't long before Story learns more about Daniel and his past. He wasn't perfect but the way he made her feel was wonderful. He was sexy, over protective, jealous and at the same time sweet. He found himself wanting to prove things to Story but more importantly he also wanted for her to belong to him.
"Belong to me, Story. Even if it's just for a little while."
Will he be able to prove himself to Story, will anyone stand in their way and what will she do? Will she stay in New York or go back to California? I loved this book. It was a first read of Tessa's for me and not the last. A very quick, sweet, hot and sexy read. Great story and awesome characters. Gooooooo check it out. You won't be disappointed.
View all my reviews
- ~Contact Tanya, Sole Owner of Bookhooking's Blog~
- ~Would you like to ADVERTISE on Bookhooking?~
- ~My Book Boyfriends Hall of Fame~
- ~Check Out The BOOKSTORE For All Your Romance Reads~
- ~Confessionals, Thoughts, Truths, Random Shit, Etc.~Created 07/10/14
- ~JANUARY New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~FEBRUARY New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~MARCH New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~APRIL New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~May New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~June New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~July New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~AUGUST New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~SEPTEMBER New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~OCTOBER New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~NOVEMBER New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~DECEMBER New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017