Until I Break by M. Leighton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Four Intensely Intriguing Erotic Stars
Wow! This was very different, very good, very intriguing and did I mention very different? I am also very happy to tell you that this is a great read with no cliffhanger and a happy ending! Feel better now? Good!
Now, I will share my experience with Samantha and Alec, two very broken individuals with more in common than they think and we know.
She is scarred-deeply scarred-by a past she can't let go of and a present she can't make peace with.
Samantha Jansen is also known as Laura Drake the author of vampire romance. She conceals her true identity at times and there are reasons why. You will also meet her sister, Chris, which was by far, one of my favorite characters. I laughed at her more than once! Especially when she referred to Jinx, Samantha's cat
"You're telling me he walks around every buried pile of shit when he gets in and out of that contraption you call a litter box? What-ever!"
Chris loves her sister and I enjoyed their relationship as well.
Then we have Alec Brand who first encounters Laura Drake, the author, and she is mesmerized by this man that is so much like her Mason, whom she writes about. A little bit later Alec will meet Samantha!
"I know you." It's a statement, not a question......."No," I reply........."I want to."
Are you confused yet? I hope so, because it is so worth reading and unraveling the mystery behind these two. Trust me you will be intrigued through and through! Alec is forward, presumptuous, mysterious and so much like Mason as Laura sees him. Alec has in interest in Laura but he has more of an interest in Samantha and he wants her badly. He warns her about himself and what he can and can't give her.
Curiosity will get the best of her. And then, in the end, so will I.
Samantha is very curious about Alec and soon learns she is in trouble and she finds it hard to separate Mason from Alec. They both explore what is between them and boy is he sexy and the heated moments they share are just intense.
I loved how Ms. Leighton wrote their story, the way she wrote it was powerful, suspenseful, emotional and with so much originality from what I am used to reading! I loved the way it ended and how everything played out, but, I won't lie when I say I wanted just a little more from them as a couple! I highly recommend this to you and I think that you will enjoy the difference in the story compared to her others. I love her writing!!
I will also say that I was a highlighting fool and I think I highlighted more quotes from this book than I ever have before and I want to share them with you but that would take the fun out of it for you so go get your read on ;0)
View all my reviews
Click here to buy your copy on Amazon 3.99
- ~Contact Tanya, Sole Owner of Bookhooking's Blog~
- ~Would you like to ADVERTISE on Bookhooking?~
- ~My Book Boyfriends Hall of Fame~
- ~Check Out The BOOKSTORE For All Your Romance Reads~
- ~Confessionals, Thoughts, Truths, Random Shit, Etc.~Created 07/10/14
- ~JANUARY New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~FEBRUARY New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~MARCH New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~APRIL New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~May New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~June New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~July New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~AUGUST New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~SEPTEMBER New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~OCTOBER New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017