Wanderlust by Skye Warren
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Wanderlust is a dark erotic novel which explores dubious consent, captivity, and power play. Not intended for those uncomfortable with the subject matter or under eighteen.
This warning bears repeating because this book is not for everyone. Read it, think about it and if it is something you can handle by all means I recommend it to you.
This was my first novel by Skye Warren and her writing style is really very good, while her story was dark and intense, with both a tortured hero and heroine in their own different way. You will meet Evie, a very very sheltered, young woman, by none other than her own mother. She is tired of her home life, she is also a young woman of age that wants to explore, live freely, visit Niagara Falls and that is exactly what she sets out to do.
"I don't want to watch the news. I want to see things for myself. Ordinary things. I want to be ordinary. I want to live."
Unfortunately what Evie encounters, once she leaves is certainly not what she thought and more along the lines of what her mother had seem to shelter her from over the years. It will forever change Evie.
She soon encounters Hunter, a rugged, yet handsome trucker that wants her and will stop at nothing to get her. The emotion you will experience as a reader here will be intense and emotional, because your heart will break for Evie and you will be completely frustrated, if not other things bordering on devastated and angry possibly even disgusted, with Hunter. But for me, I just knew there was more, much more to Hunter, as a man and more about his past that needed to be uncovered to possibly understand why!
It was because of Hunter and Evie's actions and the way the story was being told that kept me reading to learn more about this man who seemed to be so completely tormented and this young woman who seemed to try or want to understand him, and at the same time feeling as though she was no one special.
I cried for having stayed with my mother too long, not knowing what a normal life would have been like. I cried for finally summoning the strength to leave, only to have all my worst fears prove true. Most of all, I cried because I felt relief to have been captured
Sometimes it felt like that, like he was a puzzle and I had to search for every piece to put him back together again.
As time passes on Evie tries more than once to escape and let's just say she has a run of bad luck each and every time until finally she escapes! What happens when she does well I think if this interests you then you should read it to find out.
I enjoyed it very much. It was dark, it was different, it is emotional and intense but it drew me in and if you want to know why people are the way they are and why they do what they do, then this will definitely interest you. I was very disturbed, yet intrigued. I do believe it could have been longer but overall I liked the way it ended. I was given a copy of Wanderlust by the author herself in exchange for an honest review! Thank you Ms. Warren and I look forward to reading your other books!
View all my reviews
Buy your copy here on Amazon
- ~Contact Tanya, Sole Owner of Bookhooking's Blog~
- ~Would you like to ADVERTISE on Bookhooking?~
- ~My Book Boyfriends Hall of Fame~
- ~Check Out The BOOKSTORE For All Your Romance Reads~
- ~Confessionals, Thoughts, Truths, Random Shit, Etc.~Created 07/10/14
- ~JANUARY New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~FEBRUARY New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~MARCH New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~APRIL New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~May New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~June New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~July New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~AUGUST New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~SEPTEMBER New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~OCTOBER New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~NOVEMBER New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~DECEMBER New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~JANUARY New Book Releases~In Date Order~2018