Surrender Your Love by J.C. Reed
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Sexy and mysterious Jett Townsend or is it Mayfield? will no doubt knock your socks off. Dark hair, green eyes, cocky, sexy and rich. The story starts off well and instantly I fell in love with all the characters, Jett, Brooke and Sylvie. The pace slowed down a bit so we could learn a little more about Brooke and her best friend Sylvie, but that didn't last long and things started to heat up with a bit of mystery thrown in to the mix.
Jett is part owner of Mayfield Properties but Brooke doesn't know that just yet. Their first meeting is in a bar and the chemistry is instant.
I had never seen eyes like his. Dark green. Smoldering. Ready to undress a woman with a single glance.
As Jett and Brooke have more than one encounter where he ends up in her bed after a drunken night, Jett makes things interesting by not taking no for an answer and leaving Brooke no chance but to come work for his company. He also has other plans in mind and they end up discussing a no strings attached, sex contract at his place in Italy. Brooke was hesitant and didn't do relationships just like Jett but temptation is ever so there and one can only hold off for so long.
The guy was a piece of sin. If he were the devil holding a contract, this would be the moment I might just give in to temptation and sign over my soul.
This is where things start to heat up while they work together they play together. I mean who can resist Jett certainly not Brooke.
“Let me show you what real sex is like,” Jett whispered, tucking a stray strand of hair behind my ear. “Let me make you come like you’ve never come before.”
After there time together in Italy and right before they are to return home something changes in their relationship and they decide to have a real more definitive relationship with one another.
“You’re different. I know you’re not sleeping with me because of my money.” “How do you know that?” He placed my hand onto his chest. Beneath his skin, his heart thumped fast and in unison with mine. “Because I feel it,” Jett said softly. “I always have.
But, will the two of them be able to handle what is in store for them? I enjoyed the build up of this story and the way Ms. Reed kept my interest and I anxiously await the next one because, yes, there is a cliffhanger but I didn't mind it. I was given an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review. I recommend you check it out because Jett and the intrigue alone will have you wanting more. The next one will be out in the beginning of June.
View all my reviews
Click here to buy your copy from Amazon
- ~Contact Tanya, Sole Owner of Bookhooking's Blog~
- ~Would you like to ADVERTISE on Bookhooking?~
- ~My Book Boyfriends Hall of Fame~
- ~Check Out The BOOKSTORE For All Your Romance Reads~
- ~Confessionals, Thoughts, Truths, Random Shit, Etc.~Created 07/10/14
- ~JANUARY New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~FEBRUARY New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~MARCH New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~APRIL New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~May New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~June New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~July New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~AUGUST New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~SEPTEMBER New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~OCTOBER New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~NOVEMBER New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~DECEMBER New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~JANUARY New Book Releases~In Date Order~2018