Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
4 panty ripping Bennett stars!!! This book was hilarious and hot!! Oh where to begin? I can understand why there are mixed reviews, but for me, it just worked. I laughed my ass off at the banter between the two main characters and I fanned myself quite a few times.
Miss Mills, aka Chloe, is an intern that works for Mr. Ryan, aka Bennett and what an interesting relationship they have. The animosity between these two had me laughing out loud. He was a dick to her in more ways than one, no pun intended, and she was a bitch that knew how to hold her own especially with him!! I loved her spunk and she didn't take no shit from him.
My boss, Mr. Bennett Ryan. Beautiful Bastard. tall, gorgeous, and entirely evil.
"Jesus," I said, shaking my head. "Why do you have to be such a bitch all the time?"....."I guess you just bring out the best in me," she said.
Their relationship which is completely sexual starts rather quickly and DOES. NOT. STOP.
Who would have thought working for an angry jackass would result in my getting f**ked up against a cold window at work and liking it?
As time progresses, so do their feelings for one another. Sexual? yes, confusing? yes, emotional? yes. neither of them think that what they have or what they are doing will be nothing more until they spend a short amount of time apart from each other when Chloe goes to see her father. After her trip they have a conference they will attend together and that is where things change and we see a different side of Bennett and Chloe as well has their changed relationship.
"I want more than just this."...."I want to be with you."
I really liked the transformation in Bennett and Chloe's relationship and the story overall. I thoroughly enjoyed it and highly recommend it for a fun, hot read.
View all my reviews
Buy your kindle copy here on Amazon
- ~Contact Tanya, Sole Owner of Bookhooking's Blog~
- ~Would you like to ADVERTISE on Bookhooking?~
- ~My Book Boyfriends Hall of Fame~
- ~Check Out The BOOKSTORE For All Your Romance Reads~
- ~Confessionals, Thoughts, Truths, Random Shit, Etc.~Created 07/10/14
- ~JANUARY New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~FEBRUARY New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~MARCH New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~APRIL New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~May New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~June New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~July New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~AUGUST New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017