Locked by Maya Cross
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This novella starts out with Sophia and her girlfriends enjoying a ladies night out. They end up at this rather mysterious type of bar and while the part they are in is nothing special, they become very intrigued as they notice certain people entering the back of the bar. This part had me laughing as the ever so tipsy Sophia formed a plan and finally made her way back there to investigate, if you will. It is here where she will meet Sebastian, tall dark and handsome. (oh just his name alone is hot)
There is no denying the chemistry between them but their encounter ends on somewhat of an embarrassing moment. This doesn't stop Sebastian from seeking her out, though. Sophia is a lawyer and works very hard, long hours. She doesn't have time for much else and quite frankly neither does Sebastian but after another encounter where she pretty much tells him off he manages to meet her again and proposes dinner. Only dinner.
What Sophia can't say no to is her desire to have more with Sebastian. Needless to say one thing leads to another and she is introduced to his world where she will submit to him and realize she enjoys this very much. Unfortunately several weeks go by and it leaves her questioning things until, once again he appears and she just can't say no. There is some mystery to Sebastian and what he does for a living but Sophia just can't put her finger on it. After a heated night for both of them something happens and Sophia takes off. What is is she is running from? Well this is where I will leave you and say check it out for yourself.
This is a very, very well written novella and my only complaint is that it was too short. There is also somewhat of a cliffhanger but it makes sense ya know?
I was provided a copy of this book for an honest review and I cannot wait until the next in the series. Well done Ms. Cross!!
View all my reviews
Buy your copy here on Amazon Currently 0.99
- ~Contact Tanya, Sole Owner of Bookhooking's Blog~
- ~Would you like to ADVERTISE on Bookhooking?~
- ~My Book Boyfriends Hall of Fame~
- ~Check Out The BOOKSTORE For All Your Romance Reads~
- ~Confessionals, Thoughts, Truths, Random Shit, Etc.~Created 07/10/14
- ~JANUARY New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~FEBRUARY New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~MARCH New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~APRIL New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~May New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~June New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~July New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017
- ~AUGUST New Book Releases~In Date Order~2017